Friday, December 10, 2010

30 Days

i formulated this idea because another blog i follow did the 30-day blog challenge a while ago. Some of them are profound; all should be interesting.

Day One: a favorite song

Don’t laugh. I like it because it reminds me of friends, New Year’s, festivity, and David Copperfield, and also because I’m not entirely sure what a “richt-gude willie waught” is. Sounds like an inebriating beverage to me.

Listen to a favorite version of mine here: http://abmp3.com/download/7600648-auld-lang-syne.html. It's relientK, but it's acappella. Assuming the link is correct. I'll check it later. Hey, I'm at the library with no headphones.

lyrics:

“Auld Lang Syne”
(Robert Burns)

Should auld acquaintance be forgot
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
And days o’ lang syne.

For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne;
We’ll tak’ a cup o’ kindness yet
For auld lang syne.

And here’s a hand, my trusty fere
And gie’s a hand o’ thine;
We’ll tak’ a richt-gude willie waught
For auld lang syne.

For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne;
We’ll tak’ a cup o’ kindness yet
For auld lang syne.

1 comment:

  1. I thought of doing the challenge but chickened out on it. (Actually, I never found the time!)

    ReplyDelete