Friday, May 8, 2009

The Dilapidated Omelet: My Brunch Creation


This creation came into being when I decided to make a little brunch. It began with the thought of making some “hash browns” for myself. Somewhere along the way, I threw in some other ingredients, too. Because I did not properly measure ingredients, I doubt that this recipe could help anyone reliably recreate it, but this is the basic idea:

Recipe:

Ingredients:
Oil
About ¼ of a medium sized onion, sliced
¼ or less of an orange bell pepper, diced
1 potato, diced
Fresh ground black pepper
Salt
1 ½ to 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or fresh garlic, minced)
1 egg
Milk
A pinch of ginger

To garnish:
Fresh chives, sliced
Crumbled sharp cheddar cheese
Sour cream (opt.)

Directions:
Pour about a tablespoon of oil into a medium-large skillet. Sauté onion and bell pepper until soft. (Onion should be slightly translucent.) Add potato, frying about twenty minutes or until soft, but not mushy. Cover with black pepper and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Beat egg with a small amount of milk and a pinch of ginger. Add to potato mixture, frying just until done. (Slightly browned.) Garnish with chives and crumbled cheddar. Top with sour cream if desired.

1 comment:

  1. That looks really good... I LOVE to cook and Bake I just got done baking. I visit your blog often. I live in WA... u can visit my blog at singforthelord.wordpress.com...I'm a christian too...and I like your blog because u r a lot like me...:) I'd love to e-mail or write if possible. :) Alaina

    ReplyDelete