Thursday, March 26, 2009

Recent Fantastic Gifts!!

The book my brother Phillip bought for me has arrived! A complete collection of the Original Winnie-the-Pooh, as pictured here:

Quotations:

So Owl wrote…and this is what he wrote:
HIPY PAPY BTHUTHDTH THUTHDA BTHUTHDY
Pooh looked on admiringly. “I’m just saying ‘A Happy Birthday,’” said Owl carelessly.
“It’s a nice long one,” said Pooh, very much impressed by it.
***
[Eeyore has just finished reading a poem he wrote himself]
“If anybody wants to clap,” said Eeyore when he had read this, “now is the time to do it.”
They all clapped.
“Thank you,” said Eeyore. “Unexpected and gratifying, if a little lacking in Smack.”
“It’s much better than mine,” said Pooh admiringly, and he really thought it was.
“Well,” explained Eeyore modestly, “it was meant to be.”
***
“Well,” said Owl, “the customary procedure in such cases is as follows.”
“What does Crustimony Proseedcake mean?” said Pooh.
“For I am a bear of very little brain, and long words bother me.” “It means the Thing to Do.”
“As long as it means that, I don’t mind,” said Pooh humbly.
***


Secondly, my super awesome pen pal Ashley sent me a super awesome gift: a Chinese scarf in lovely shades of yellow and blue. Not an amazing picture, but here I am wearing it:


1 comment: